Come Make A New Start!
CO-MANS, Inc. provides residential services in the form of Moderate-Care Community Residential Rehabilitation and Supported Living. The program is designed to provide persons with serious mental illness the opportunity for recovery and increased independence in a home-like setting within the community.
CO-MANS, Inc. is a private non-profit agency incorporated under the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and administrated by a community based Board of Directors. The Board of Directors working in conjunction with the Executive Director, determine agency policy.
The primary goal of CO-MANS Inc. is to provide services and support by trained mental health professionals to assist residents in building skills of adult daily living and to gain greater independence, responsibility, and self-sufficiency, to become independently functioning members of the community. CO-MANS Inc. emphasizes a structured day approach to promote maximum emotional growth and development. Behavioral health care requires diverse services. CO-MANS Inc. works closely with other community service agencies to enrich the development of our resident’s social and vocational skills.
Co-Mans is dedicated to providing recovery oriented services and support to afford residents the opportunity to build skills of daily living and to gain greater independence and self-esteem within the community. Co-Mans strives to empower residents in their own recovery while promoting maximum emotional, social, and vocational growth.
Our Intake Process
To apply or refer an individual to Co-Mans, Inc. contact Co-Mans directly at (215) 750-7526.
A staff person will provide information on the application/referral process. After review of the intake records, if the candidate is found to meet the eligible criteria, an interview with the Executive Director will be arranged.
Please download the residential referral form here.
The services provided by CO-MANS Inc. are available to persons who meet the following criteria:
- Adults over the ages of 18
- Have had a least one psychiatric hospitalization, or have a serious mental illness with a history of marginal social adjustment and inability to live independently
- Exhibit a capacity and willingness towards recovery in a monitored and supportive residential setting
- Are receptive to appropriate mental health treatment and services
- Have a primary diagnosis of mental illness
- Do not require 24 hour nursing, medical, or other on-site supervision
- Are free of current drug or alcohol abuse
- Have no history of fire setting
- Are willing and able to comply with all program rules and regulations
- Are free of any violent or severe socially deviant behavior
Cost For Services
Co-Mans Inc. is financed be several sources, including resident fees, County and State MH/MR funds, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, and the Bucks County Housing Authority. Resident housing fees are affordable and are typically based on an income percentage, and vary depending on program and location.
We provide these three levels of residential services in the form of moderate care community residential rehabilitation and supported living.
Community Residential Rehabilitation (CRR) Program
- Provides a moderate level of supervision in the areas of adult daily living. This program is transitional in nature and licensed by the Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare.
Young Adult Transitional
- Although still a moderate level of supervision, this program provides more individualized and intensive support to assist males and females aged 18-25 increase their independence and address common challenges faced by this age group. This program is also licensed by the Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare.
- Co-Mans offers several locations which offer Supported Living services. The supported living programs offer permanent, affordable housing to both males and females over age 18. These programs provide less structure and supervision than the CRR programs, however, still provide supportive services to assist in the recovery process.